Thursday 6 January 2011

Amazing (G)Race

* * * * * * * * * St John's Cathedral, Portsmouth * * * * * * *

Forgive the punning title, but it does seem to have been a sprint rather than a marathon, heading towards Catholic priesthood. Certainly there has been much grace involved, on the part of the Catholic authorities, from the Holy Father via the Diocesan Bishop and our Parish Priest to the local congregation here. Everyone has done everything possible to smooth our path and make us welcome.

So it is good to be able to announce that the intention is that Jane and I should be received here in Lymington, at the Church of Our Lady and St Joseph, at the 9.30am Mass on January 21st. Bishop Crispian says he will ordain me Deacon in his private chapel on the morning of February 11th, and my ordination to the Priesthood will follow three weeks later at 2.30pm on Saturday March 5th in Portsmouth Catholic Cathedral.

It would be helpful if any Catholic priests who wish to concelebrate in the Cathedral could let me know, so that I can send their names on to the Bishop. But whoever you are reading this blog, please be kind enough to remember Jane and me in your prayers at this exciting and slightly nerve-wracking time.

11 comments:

  1. Our love and prayers, to you both, Father.

    Jeff, Julie and the people of Hockley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely FANTASTIC news. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for both of you.Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news. Congratulations and welcome home, both of you! Praise God indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conmgratulations. It is wonderful news. There are certainly some ex Staggers priests in the diocese; two were contemparies of mine. I do wish you well and please be assured of my prayers. I hope to attend the ordination of the others in london on 15th January.
    God bless,
    Robert Tickle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joining in the cheers and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent news - congratulations to you both.

    Glad to hear that Bishop Crispian is so on board and hope to see you down at Pompey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you who have been so encoujraging and welcoming to Jane and me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - I shall be keeping you both in my prayers as you come home!

    ReplyDelete