Saturday 18 December 2010

Snowbound

Before the Papal Mass...


Today was to have been fun; a trip to Nth London for Fr Malcolm Gray's 40th anniversary of priesting. So the least I can do is post a couple of pictures of Father in his natural habitat, viz. Fatima. They were taken in the summer, when Pope Benedict visited Fatima in order to meet Fr Gray - and to join in the Pilgrimage with half a million others. I am sure today will also have been a great occasion, despite the snow which seems to have enveloped most of England and will have prevented some of his friends from joining him.



While I am blogging, may I draw your attention to the Ordinariate blog for Wales? The situation for catholics in the Church in Wales is dire (shall I be threatened by the Grand Mufti of Llandaff for daring to say so? Oh, I tremble...) Those in the Principality who are seeking to join the Ordinariate for England and Wales deserve all our support. You will find them at welshordinariate.blogspot.com/

...and after the Papal Mass




2 comments:

  1. Very sad about the problems in Wales - especially considering that at one time Wales seemed a betetr place to be than E ngland - for example, continuing to encorage a perpetual diaconate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received the Chiurch Observer. things don't look good apart from the ordinariate. I shall follow the blog & keep solidarity with my our Welsh brethren. Yes, years ago a friend of mine was a vicar in a very solid team in Wales- all gone now!

    ReplyDelete